[PyQt] How to add ftp put function in PyQT network ftp demo

Robert Kent rob at gulon.co.uk
Tue Jul 1 11:50:24 BST 2014

You need to keep the handle to your QFile object in scope. The put() method
returns straight away and the data to be put is added to a queue and
uploaded in the background. Your selectFile() method returns straight away
therefore your upload_file object goes out of scope before it can be sent.
Simply changing upload_file to self.upload_file will solve your problem.

Hope this helps ;o)
Rob