[PyQt] Workaround / fix for "could not create shader" issue with QtQuick on linux (causes all QtQuick examples to fail)

Russell Warren russ at perspexis.com
Tue Jan 28 14:09:08 GMT 2014

> It might be interesting to see the same information for a working C++
> version - particularly to see if libdbus is loaded.

Here are the libs for the functional C++ version:
http://bpaste.net/raw/2Ko3r3Qx8ZTGDbDapCnf/

libdbus is there.

Out of curiousity, I tried replacing the PyOpenGL import with "import
dbusx" (pip install python-dbusx), confirmed that this did cause the same
dbus lib to be loaded ("/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libdbus-1.so.3.7.2), but it
did *not* stop the shader error problem.

Qt can be built with the DBus support dynamically linked or dynamically
> loaded (ie. with dlopen()). I'd be curious to know if that is a factor.

Sorry... no time to try this out today.

Russ