[PyQt] Workaround / fix for "could not create shader" issue with QtQuick on linux (causes all QtQuick examples to fail)

Russell Warren russ at perspexis.com
Mon Jan 27 23:55:30 GMT 2014

> I assume there is a way to see which shared libraries are loaded by a
> running process. Can somebody compare the two cases?

Sure.

With it working (PyOpenGL imported):
http://bpaste.net/raw/wqsRPBbWpRG0y0eVLRVj/

With the shader error:
http://bpaste.net/raw/70VWD7JM7jKtO9Xsevgj/

The diff:
http://bpaste.net/raw/m87uC3nj62lmRQGA5PMY/

Those were obtained with the proc system using:
cat /proc/14197/maps | awk '{print $6}' | grep '\.so' | sort | uniq

Note that I'm not sure that will be good enough, given that I had to get
that dump prior to the app.exec_ due to the near-immediate segfault.  I
just put a time.sleep before i the exec_ to capture the libs..

If that is unhelpful, or if the libs in question aren't loaded prior to the
exec_ call, I can just give you the open calls in the strace (but that is
much messier).

Russ