[PyQt] possible QFileDialog bug

Shiouen oliver_va at live.be
Mon Jan 20 13:36:27 GMT 2014

Hans-Peter Jansen-2 wrote
> Since the QFileDialog looks very much like some gtk derived one, fingers
> point
> to a dysfunctional Ubuntu hack, that you suffer from.
>
> You will need to find the right tree to bark up...
>
> Pete

Little update: the parameters work fine now.

The second window problem persists:
I tried it on a stock ubuntu VM and the same thing happens. It works with
Qt5.2, but it does not work when I use the PyQt binding.

I do not agree with 'barking up the wrong tree' since it works with Qt and
not with PyQt on three different systems (stock ubuntu included, removing
the possibility of user added hacks causing the problem).

If Qt's QFileDialog had shown the exact same behaviour as PyQt's QFileDialog
behaviour, I would completely agree it's not on PyQt's side but rather
Ubuntu's or even Qt's. But this is not the case...
Unless you have some background information on how PyQt acts differently
than Qt somehow, I'd say it's a bug in PyQt.

Kind regards