[PyQt] PyQt and sqlalchemy (or map to a widget).

John Fabiani johnf at jfcomputer.com
Mon Jan 13 15:36:09 GMT 2014

On 01/13/2014 01:27 AM, Hans-Peter Jansen wrote:
> Dear John,
>
> On Sonntag, 12. Januar 2014 19:18:06 John Fabiani wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I realize that PyQt can use the data tools that comes from Qt.  That
>> said, I was wondering if anyone has used other ORM's (maybe designed
>> their own).  I'd  like to see how to map a simple widgets to some data
>> using something like sqlalchemy or any other examples not using Qt stuff
>> (maybe NoSql?).  Maybe some sort of mixin????
> Camelot does exactly that, but it comes with a lot of code:
>
> 	http://www.python-camelot.com/
>
> Other attempts to combine QtSql and SQLAlchemy are available, but none of them
> I evaluated satisfied my conceptual and esthetical demands.
>
> Things changed meanwhile. Keep us informed about your findings.
>
> Pete
I found camelot after my post.  But it appears that camelot forces a GUI
format (follows the admin screens of Django).  I need a completely
different front end for my app.  I did notice that camlot had a couple
examples that did not appear to follow the admin screens.  I'll check
into it further.

Thnaks,

Johnf