[PyQt] QString to str auto-conversion issue with SMP codepoints

Shriramana Sharma samjnaa at gmail.com
Sun Jan 5 03:00:32 GMT 2014

On Sun, Jan 5, 2014 at 3:36 AM, Phil Thompson
<phil at riverbankcomputing.com> wrote:

>> Also, I presume you have also taken care of the reverse conversion
>> i.e. a Python string having a trans-BMP char like \U00011005 would be
>> automatically converted to the surrogate pair when being sent to
>> QString in C++/Qt, right? (Probably silly question...)
>
> There was no problem with that (as far as I know).

OK fine I just checked that. But in converting from Qt to PyQt do you
now (after yesterday's correction) leave unpaired surrogates as is
(probably cannot come from widget but can come from
textstream/datastream) or do you discard them?

Thanks!

--
Shriramana Sharma ஶ்ரீரமணஶர்மா श्रीरमणशर्मा