[PyQt] got stuck translating webftpclient example to PyQt

Hans-Peter Jansen hpj at urpla.net
Sat Feb 8 18:56:16 GMT 2014

On Samstag, 8. Februar 2014 18:32:07 you wrote:
> On 02/07/2014 10:08 AM, Hans-Peter Jansen wrote:
> > Hi Moritz,

> >> I've narrowed it down quite a lot.
> >
> > Good work.
> >
> >> But it needs quite some deeper understanding to fix this bug.
> >
> > Hopefully somebody with some deeper understanding of the Qt IO system will
> > stand up and manage to fix it..
> >
> > OTOH, it smells, like the _integration_ of the new WebKit for Qt 4.8
> > failed in some way.
> >
> > Pete
>
> The bug in the webftpclient example is resolved now:
> See https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-27469
>
> The fixed webftpclient example using PyQt is available here:
> https://github.com/mwarning/PyQt4-Examples/commits/master

Good work, Moritz.

After fixing the obvious bugs:

	https://github.com/mwarning/PyQt4-Examples/pull/1

there's one problem left:

Clicking on copyrightnotice.txt should display the content of the file, as done in a fixed
c++ example code, but it just prints:

	TypeError: invalid result type from FtpReply.readData()

The c++ code returns a -1, but QtCore/qiodevice.sip notes, that None is returned for the
error case. I guess, this is true for the exhausted case, too.

I don't see any more obvious problems with your code, hence this might be a PyQt error.

Phil, if you want to take a look, you can pull from here:

	https://github.com/frispete/PyQt4-Examples.git

Run python main.py, and click on copyrightnotice.txt.

Cheers,
Pete