[PyQt] Testing a standalone dialog widget

Andre Roberge andre.roberge at gmail.com
Mon Dec 29 22:05:28 GMT 2014

On Mon, Dec 29, 2014 at 3:30 PM, Jones, Bryan <bjones at ece.msstate.edu>
wrote:

> Andre,
>
> Have you read through http://johnnado.com/pyqt-qtest-example/? That shows
> testing a dialog box (no threads necessary).

Yes, I had looked at that example.  Quite possibly because of my lack of
competence, I can not see how I can use the same approach in my case.  The
widgets I build are encapsulated inside a function; they are local to that
function.  When that function is called, it effectively stops the program
execution as the event loop is waiting for some interaction.  I do not see
how to bypass that other than trying to start a delayed thread just before
calling the function and attempt to use QTest to interact with the widget
in that separate thread.

However, I have not programmed with threads very much before and thought it
might be wise to ask on this list for more experienced people as to what
would be the best  way to proceed.

André