[PyQt] Opengl examples does not work on Windows

Kamil Okrasa kamokr at gmail.com
Fri Dec 12 15:13:52 GMT 2014

>> If I understand correctly:
>> - on Windows the Qt 5 pre-built binaries until 5.4 use ANGLE,
>

> Not sure about the rest, but there are multiple binary installers and I
> believe not all of them use ANGLE. Some are explicitly marked OpenGL.
> Hopefully you can use one of the alternate installers to test, rather than
> build Qt.
>
>  http://www.qt.io/download-open-source/
> (and click view all)

Good point. Finally I got the examples working on Windows, with OpenGL
2.0 used instead of ANGLE:
- installed Visual C++ 2010 Express
- installed Qt 5.4.0 [1]
- built SIP 4.16.4 [2] with "--platform win32-msvc2010"
- built PyQt 5.4 [3]

To complete the last step it was necessary to manually fix two SIP
files: sipQtNetworkQSslCertificate.cpp and sipQtSqlQSqlDriver.cpp
because identifiers importPKCS12, DBMSType and UnknownDBMS existed as
importPkcs12, DbmsType and UnknownDbms in Qt sources.

Thanks for help everyone.

Best regards,
--
Kamil