[PyQt] accessing and modifying a menubar

lloyd konneker bootch at nc.rr.com
Wed Dec 3 17:29:13 GMT 2014

Your question is more generally about Qt and not specific to PyQt so you
might get more answers on Qt Forums.

Is QtDesigner automatically creating the menubar or are you  doing it?
(I am not that familiar with QtDesigner.)  In general, Qt strives hard
to make the menubar in a mainwindow conform to OSX, so I would think it
rare for you or QtDesigner to mock it up yourself.

If nothing else, you could use QObject.findChild() called on the
mainwindow if you know the objectName property of the menubar.