[PyQt] SIP wrapper fo convert C++ widgets into python modules

Florian Bruhin me at the-compiler.org
Mon Aug 18 05:44:34 BST 2014

Hi,

> The solution seems to be that each widget's cpp will first need to be
> converted into a python module. Unfortunately, haven't found much
> information on how to do this in PyQt5. An example on the
> RiverBankComputing website is dead:
>
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1607515/pyqt-custom-widget-in-c

It seems that has moved to
http://pyqt.sourceforge.net/Docs/sip4/using.html#a-more-complex-c-example
I adjusted the link on the Stackoverflow page.

> For example, this is the header for one of the widgets, how would it
> need to be converted by sip?

If the widgets are as simple as your header suggests, wouldn't it be
easier to translate them to PyQt by hand? I've done that for some
simple C++ examples and found it to be quite straightforward, and it
certainly keeps your toolchain simpler ;)

Florian

             GPG 0xFD55A072 | http://the-compiler.org/pubkey.asc