[PyQt] Redirecting stderr and stdout to syslog in a pyqtdeployed application

Dave Gradwell davegradwell at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Aug 10 12:05:43 BST 2014

To clarify; I recognise it is not the fault of pyqtdeploy.
It was just the sensation: when started with an interpreter I could see my output/error, then I deployed it and I couldn't!
I guess it just seems odd to me that (my) OS would drop (?) an application's output and error rather than make some attempt to send it somewhere useful.  But I guess there must be good reasons for this, as it seems to be a design decision by Apple.  http://stackoverflow.com/a/15655471

Best, Dave.