[PyQt] Manuale operativo PyQt5

Hans-Peter Jansen hpj at urpla.net
Mon Apr 28 20:23:45 BST 2014

On Samstag, 26. April 2014 15:38:27 Luciano Trespidi wrote:
> >Excuse me anyone can help me to learn this new operative language ?
>
> I finished to read one book to learn Python language but now i would like to
> start  new experience to learn this new language, i've see the example
> inside package but i have no experience so if is there anyone that  can
> explain me how i can find  any information in network about this new mode
> to operate with this language. I'm very grateful if is there anyone that
> can explain me how i can start my experience because i've already tried to
> find any information in internet but i've not found that i would like to
> find . Thanks !

Mark Summerfields book "Rapid GUI Programming with Python and Qt" is still a
great source for approaching PyQt, even if some paradigms shifts happened
since writing it: transition to Python 3, plain strings and PyQt5. Note, that
Mark does provide the books' examples for the former two variants here:

	http://www.qtrac.eu/pyqtbook.html

To get an idea, what gem I'm talking about, check the unsolicited reader
comments on this site, one of them is mine ;)

BTW, I'm not affiliated with Mark in any way, but I cannot get rid of the
feeling, that writers of technical books in his league are way too rare, but
peoples habits today doesn't cater well with this fact.

Same goes for Phils' brilliant work, of course.

Good luck,
Pete