[PyQt] QtSql and releasing GIL

Arve Knudsen arve.knudsen at gmail.com
Tue Apr 22 11:58:58 BST 2014

I patched PyQt, but it doesn't build for me at the moment due to something
to do with OpenGL (maybe I need to reinstall Qt). It doesn't really matter
though, since I discovered I can query via QSqlQuery.exec_ instead, which
does release the GIL! When using this method, I can confirm that the app no
longer hangs.

Best,
Arve