[PyQt] QtSql and releasing GIL

Arve Knudsen arve.knudsen at gmail.com
Tue Apr 22 11:22:25 BST 2014

I am experiencing this issue again.it's QtSql.QSqlQuery that locks up the
application, even though it runs in a non-UI thread. I've confirmed that
the main thread has relinquished control back to the Qt event loop.

It's a total showstopper at the moment, so I'm considering querying in a
separate process instead.

Arve