[PyQt] Slots being called on deleted QObjects

Jeremy Sanders jeremy at jeremysanders.net
Tue Apr 8 09:31:15 BST 2014

Phil Thompson wrote:

> What would the default be? Reinstating the check by default would be
> another incompatible change (though documented this time) but would be
> fixing a 2 year old regression, and would be the "right thing" for the
> vast majority of cases.
>
> Thoughts?

In my opinion reverting it would be the right thing for most people.
Personally, I've never wanted to get a signal on an object with a destroyed
QObject, but perhaps there's a use case somewhere (besides destroyed?).

Is there a merit to special-casing destroyed() and/or adding a flag (to
connect maybe) which will always deliver the signal to the object?

Jeremy