[PyQt] Coinstalling PyQt5 for Python 2 and Python 3

Luca Beltrame lbeltrame at kde.org
Fri Sep 13 20:01:02 BST 2013

Hello,

While packaging PyQt5 for openSUSE I noticed that there are two plugins that
are compiled which may conflict on a system that wants PyQt5 both for Python 2
and Python 3.

I'm talking about the Designer plugin and the QML plugin, in particular. Are
they Python version independent (I'm inclined on "no")? What can be done to
ensure proper coinstallation of PyQt with both Py2 and Py3?

Thanks.

--
Luca Beltrame - KDE Forums team
KDE Science supporter