[PyQt] Building PyQt5

pwuertz pwuertz at gmail.com
Wed Sep 11 10:41:38 BST 2013

pwuertz wrote
> The include path configure.py wrote to the .pro files was
> /usr/local/include/python2.7, whereas my python headers are in
> /usr/local/python2.7.

Sorry, typo. I meant that my real include path is /usr/include/python2.7

$ python-config --cflags
-I/usr/include/python2.7 -I/usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu/python2.7
-fno-strict-aliasing -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -g -fstack-protector
--param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -Wformat -Werror=format-security  -DNDEBUG -g
-fwrapv -O2 -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes

versus

$ python -c "import sysconfig; print sysconfig.get_path('include')"
/usr/local/include/python2.7

Which means that PyQt's configure.py probably shouldn't depend on that
method for getting the compiler include path.