[PyQt] Building PyQt5

pwuertz pwuertz at gmail.com
Tue Sep 10 17:32:42 BST 2013

Hi,

I just tried to compile PyQt5 on my Ubuntu 13.04 system. After successfully
running configure.py, the compiler immediately stopped due to "Python.h" not
being found. The include path configure.py wrote to the .pro files was
/usr/local/include/python2.7, whereas my python headers are in
/usr/local/python2.7. The /usr/local path is returned by
sysconfig.get_path('include') in configure.py. `python-config
--cflags`however reports the correct one. Is Ubuntu's python installation
broken or are the sysconfig paths actually a hint where to install new
headers to, instead of where to expect the python headers?

Apart from the include path and an error message when doing "make install"
strip:/usr/bin/pyuic5: File format not recognized
PyQt5 seems to work fine.