[PyQt] "making" sip-4.15.2 - how much memory does this need???

Timothy W. Grove tim_grove at sil.org
Sat Oct 12 13:29:27 BST 2013

Okay. I've updated my MinGW files and seem to have gotten away from my
memory problems. It appears that 'make' was just looping, going in and
out of the sipgen directory and not much else until my system ran out of
memory space. Now, starting with a clean download of sip and running
commands from the Windows terminal, I get the following (still
erroneous) output. Running from a MYSYS terminal has similar results
which I can include if that helps. Does the following give any clues to
my problems? I have previously installed PyQt4.10 using the Windows
installer; would any sip files from that be interfering? Thanks for any
help.

installed: mingw32-gcc-g++ 4.8.1-3; mingw32-make 3.82.90-2-cvs-20120902

Best regards,
Tim Grove

## WINDOWS CMD TERMINAL
Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

## CONFIGURE
C:\Users\Timothy\Downloads\sip-4.15.2\sip-4.15.2>C:\Python33\python.exe
Configure.py --platform win32-g++

This is SIP 4.15.2 for Python 3.3.2 on win32.
The SIP code generator will be installed in C:\Python33.
The sip module will be installed in C:\Python33\Lib\site-packages.
The sip.h header file will be installed in C:\Python33\include.
The default directory to install .sip files in is C:\Python33\sip.
The platform/compiler configuration is win32-g++.
Creating siplib\sip.h...
Creating siplib\siplib.c...
Creating siplib\siplib.sbf...
Creating sipconfig.py...
Creating top level Makefile...
Creating sip code generator Makefile...
Creating sip module Makefile...

## MAKE
C:\Users\Timothy\Downloads\sip-4.15.2\sip-4.15.2>C:\MinGW\bin\mingw32-make.exe

mingw32-make[1]: Entering directory
'C:/Users/Timothy/Downloads/sip-4.15.2/sip-4.15.2/sipgen'
gcc -c -O2 -w -DNDEBUG -DUNICODE -DQT_LARGEFILE_SUPPORT -I. -o main.o main.c
gcc: error: CreateProcess: No such file or directory
Makefile:29: recipe for target 'main.o' failed
mingw32-make[1]: *** [main.o] Error 1
mingw32-make[1]: Leaving directory
'C:/Users/Timothy/Downloads/sip-4.15.2/sip-4.
15.2/sipgen'
mingw32-make: *** [all] Error 2