[PyQt] help installing pyqt5.1 and using with pycharm3

alan alan.battersby at virginmedia.com
Thu Oct 3 23:24:38 BST 2013

I have downloaded python 3.3.2 and built into /opt/python3.3.2 folder.
Then downloaded sip and built into the /opt/python3.3.2 the downloaded
pyqt5.1 and again configured, made and installed into the
/opt/python3.3.2 folder. In that there is a Qt5 folder in
/opt/python3.3.2/lib/python3.3/site-packages.

I use pycharm3, when I point its project compiler to the one above
pycharm finds the PyQt5 package, its creates skeletons (whatever they
are ) and shows PyQt5 in its external Libraries and shows Qt.so,
QtCore.so QtDBus.so QtNetwork.so QtXmlPatterns.

If a python file I write from PyQt5.QtWidgets import QmainWindow,
pycharm3 is reporting that it cannot find a reference to QTWidgets in
__init__.py which when inspected contains the python for compileUIDir etc.

So could someone please tell me what is missing or what I have done wrong.
Thanks

Alan

ps I installed 5.1 in windows earlier today no problems however there
are many more dlls reported by pycharm in windows in its site-packages.
I am using the same simple program on both to test. I had previously
installed version 5.0.1 on both linux and windows and both worked fine.
I had to get a new pc and so decided to install the 5.1 versions hence
my question. I have forgotten what I did to install 5.0.1 so must be
missing something but what?