[PyQt] Fwd: Re: c++ app integrate PyQt

Glenn Ramsey gr at componic.co.nz
Tue Oct 1 02:36:25 BST 2013

On 01/10/13 14:22, John Fabiani wrote:
> On 09/30/2013 06:11 PM, John Fabiani wrote:

 From your spec (writing all of the GUI in PyQt) it sounds like you should be
writing your C++ components as Python extension modules rather than embedding a
Python interpreter in your app.

There are several ways to do that: SIP, SWIG, Boost.Python.

Also if you do this then your app will play nicely with packaging tools like
Py2exe and PyInstaller. If you have .ui files you should be able to reuse them
with minimal or no changes.

Glenn