[PyQt] RuntimeError: the PyQt5.QtCore and PyQt4.QtCore modules both wrap the QObject class

François K. daitheflu at free.fr
Tue Nov 12 13:44:37 GMT 2013

Hi,

I've recently tried to port my project from Python 2.7 + PyQt4 to Python 3 + PyQt5.
Now, everytime I try to run the application, it crashes and I get the following error :

> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "run.py", line 30, in <module>
>     from core.helmo import Helmo
>   File "/home/francois/Projets/Helmo/core/helmo.py", line 35, in <module>
>     from PyQt5.QtCore import QVariant, QDir
> RuntimeError: the PyQt5.QtCore and PyQt4.QtCore modules both wrap the QObject class
> *** Error in `python': free(): invalid pointer: 0x00007f3c784ca7c0 ***

The weird thing is that I am not using PyQt4 anywhere anymore (I checked like 10 times).

I'm using ArchLinux with all updates.

Any idea how I can fix that ?

Thanks a lot :)

--