[PyQt] installing sip on os x with canopy

Darren Dale dsdale24 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 7 17:13:34 GMT 2013

On Fri, Oct 25, 2013 at 6:21 AM, Shahar Shani-Kadmiel
<kadmiel at post.bgu.ac.il> wrote:
> Hi, trying to install pyqt4 so I am installing sip first.
>
> I have  a canopy distribution of python with which I wish to use pyqt4.
>
> trying to run python configure.py yields:
[...]
> Creating sip module Makefile...
> Error: SIP requires Python to be built as a framework

I would also like to ask if there are suggestions or possible
workarounds. I would like to extend my project to use some GPU
libraries that ship with Continuum IO's Anaconda distribution, which
is apparently not available as a framework.

Thanks,
Darren