[PyQt] PyQt Learning Sources for MVC Pattern and Why Does QT

David Boddie david at boddie.org.uk
Tue May 28 20:23:16 BST 2013

On Sun, 26 May 2013 05:04:22 -0700 (PDT), d hee wrote:

> I am trying to learn how to write pyQt specifically in the MVC model. I
> know some bare fundamentals for making buttons, signals, etc. But what I
> don't know is how to write pyQt in a MVC model with classes and methods
> made for this. I have scourged the internet and I have not found any
> tutorials specifically for pyQt and the MVC model.?
>
> 1) Can anyone please suggest some good resources to learn to write pyQt in
> the MVC model? I would be willing to buy a book(has to show MVC and pyQt)
> if it was up reasonably up to date.?

I think the PyQt book is probably still relevant for this:

  http://qtrac.eu/pyqtbook.html

The Model/View components haven't really changed in the last few releases.

I'm sure that there are other tutorials online. I will keep referring
people to this page until someone updates it or tells me to stop:

  http://www.diotavelli.net/PyQtWiki/Tutorials

;-)

> 2)Also, on the Qt site it gives tutorials in C++ on the MVC model(I do not
> know C++). Why do the C++ QT tutorials ?leave out the controller for their
> MVC models?

Because there is no separate controller in Qt's Model/View framework.

David