[PyQt] Problem Eric tutorial

al comtronic_99 at yahoo.com
Tue May 21 18:14:09 BST 2013

Hi folks,

working on the Eric tutorial http://eric-ide.python-projects.org/tutorials/LogParser/index.html I ran into trouble:

"object has no  attribute retranslateUi"

I know that I have a newer Code Generator PyQt4 UI code generator 4.4.2 <-> 4.10.1.
When I use the tutorial files which I have downloaded from
http://eric-ide.python-projects.org/tutorials/LogParser/src/LogParser.zip and create a new project of this I get the project running.

But when I follow the tutorial and try to do my own source code I get the above problem.

Comparing
 the source I can find that in the downloaded source in Ui_LogParser.py a
 def retranslateUi(self, MainWindow) section is generated but not in my
generated code. :-(

How can I solve this issue and avoid the above error message?