[PyQt] removing Widgets

Matthew Ngaha chigga101 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 29 13:07:43 GMT 2013

im trying to have my layout remove a widget.

I have a QDialog that lays out a single QWidget that will perform some
painting. After an interval i need to remove the QWidget from the layout
and add another QWidget, my problem is layout.removeWidget(qwidget) doesnt
remove the QWidget. and calling QObject.deleteLater(qwidget) deletes it but
enlargens the Parents (QDialogs) size even though i had set setMaximumSize
on it, so when i add the new widget the parenting widget doesnt fit it
properly. Is there a way i can remove this widget and maintain the sizing?