[PyQt] QLocalServer failures with Qt5

Baz Walter bazwal at ftml.net
Wed Mar 27 20:28:07 GMT 2013

On 25/03/13 01:45, Baz Walter wrote:
> I have some simple IPC code that has been working fine with Qt4 but
> doesn't with Qt5. The problem happens after calling
> QLocalServer.listen(), and gives errors like this:
>
>      QSocketNotifier: Invalid socket specified
>
>      QSocketNotifier: Invalid socket 1376166832 and type 'Read',
> disabling...
>
> I tried the PyQt example (examples/ipc/localfortuneserver.py), but it
> gives similar errors.
>
> This is using: gcc 4.7.2, python 2.7.3, qt 5.0.1, sip
> 4.14.5-snapshot-054f1676c300, pyqt snapshot-4.10.1-19c32f448665.

I tried the same example with python 3.3.0, and it seems to work as
expected.

I'm guessing there might be quite a few issues stemming from differences
between Python 2 and 3 like this.

Is it worth reporting them at the moment? Perhaps it might be better to
keep them back until it's been decided whether Python 2 is going to be
supported for Qt5?