[PyQt] Install PyQt4 from Source

Helmut Seidel M.A. info at knowhow-la.de
Fri Mar 1 19:33:40 GMT 2013

Hello everybody,

today I tried to install PyQt-Py2.7-x86-gpl-4.9.6-1.exe
<http://sourceforge.net/projects/pyqt/files/PyQt4/PyQt-4.9.6/PyQt-Py2.7-x86-gpl-4.9.6-1.exe>
on my Windows-7 machine.On testeing the installation in idle I got a
"file not found error" when typing the command "from PyQt4 import QtGui"
("from PyQt4 import QtCore" is Ok).

I searched the web for a solution which didn't produce a usable result -
all I tried failed. So I thought to opt for building PyQt4 from source -
which I did once and worked ok. But I cannot find a suitable PyQt4.xxx
SDK package to download. And I'm not sure if there is a GPL Download of
Qt5-SDK and whether everything works with PyQt4.

Can anybody tell me where I can find the current Qt4.xxx SDK or how to
get PyQt-Py2.7-x86-gpl-4.9.6-1.exe
<http://sourceforge.net/projects/pyqt/files/PyQt4/PyQt-4.9.6/PyQt-Py2.7-x86-gpl-4.9.6-1.exe>
running?

Thanks and regards