[PyQt] Installing PyQt 5 on Mac OS X (10.6.8 Snow Leopard)

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Fri Jun 28 00:59:26 BST 2013

PyQt should be picking the spec from SIP (unless PyQt 5 changed that).  You can specify the spec when compiling SIP with the option:

-p macx-g++

if that doesn't work when compiling PyQt, try:

-p macx-llvm

It's odd though, even on OS X 10.7, I get macx-g++ as the default for SIP.

If PyQt 5 ignores SIP for the spec, maybe there's a similar option when compiling PyQt 5 to set the spec.