[PyQt] PyQt / SIP from an embedded Python interpreter

Johan Thelin johan.thelin at pelagicore.com
Fri Jun 7 22:44:17 BST 2013

Hi,

I've been experimenting with using PyQt and SIP from a Python
interpreter embedded into a larger C++ application. I do this on Linux
(Kubuntu 13.04), Qt 5 and PyQt/SIP from last Wednesday (June 5th).
This gives me an unresolved symbol, _Py_NoneStruct, when importing
PyQt5.QtCore. However, adding -lpython2.7 to sip and QtCore, it works.
I guess the import statement does a dlopen, and it fails to resolve
the symbols, despite them being linked into my host application for
some odd reason.

So, to the point. Am I doing something wrong here? Should things just
work? I've tried the -Wl,-E and -rdynamic, which was what Google
indicated could help. Alas, no luck with them.

If I'm not doing something wrong, do you want my patches to SIP and PyQt5?

Cheers,

Johan Thelin   ヨハン  テリン
M.Sc.E.E.
System Architect

Pelagicore AB
Ekelundsgatan 4, 6tr, SE-411 18 Gothenburg, Sweden
Mobile: +46 (0)700 900 250
Skype: jothpelagicore
E-Mail: johan.thelin at pelagicore.com