[PyQt] Fwd: Building SIP under Python 3.3

Richard Mitchell richard.j.mitchell at gmail.com
Wed Jul 10 11:39:04 BST 2013

Hello there, fellow SIP users and developers.

I've recently been trying to use SIP under Python 3.3. For the most part
the current version (4.14.7) aimed at 3.1 works fine - I only had trouble
with the build process.

The attached patch for the configure.py script should fix the error:

    ImportError: No module named 'sipconfig'

This is caused due to the way Python's import caching behaves on certain
systems. See this Python bug for further details:
http://bugs.python.org/issue17330

Thanks,
Richard Mitchell