[PyQt] Bug report, compiling latest snapshots against Qt5 on Windows

Mathias.Born at gmx.de Mathias.Born at gmx.de
Thu Jan 24 23:34:14 GMT 2013

Hi,

I'm getting errors running PyQt's configure.py.
Cause:
Starting in line 954, the file "sipconfig.py" of the sip module contains:

        if sys.platform == "win32" and "shared" in self.config.qt_winconfig.split():
            if (mname in ("QtCore", "QtDeclarative", "QtDesigner", "QtGui",
                          "QtHelp", "QtMultimedia", "QtNetwork", "QtOpenGL",
                          "QtScript", "QtScriptTools", "QtSql", "QtSvg",
                          "QtTest", "QtWebKit", "QtXml", "QtXmlPatterns",
                          "phonon") or
                (qt_version >= 0x040200 and mname == "QtAssistant")):
                lib = lib + "4"

        if sys.platform.startswith("linux") and qt_version >= 0x050000:
            lib = "Qt5" + lib[2:]

However, my Qt5 build created libraries named "Qt5Gui.lib" and so on, not
"QtGui4.lib".
If I replace

   lib = lib + "4"

by

   lib = "Qt5" + lib[2:]

I get the right library names, but then I get linker errors due to missing
symbols from the Qt5Widgets.lib, which the script seems to miss as
dependency.

Best Regards,
Mathias Born