[PyQt] PyQt5 roadmap-guesstimate?

Sebastian Sauer mail at dipe.org
Mon Jan 7 11:05:48 GMT 2013

Hi,

reading the backlogs and all I was able to find related to support for
PyQt at Qt5 its great to see that PyQt4 does support Qt5 already. Fantastic
work as usual Phil!

My question is direct related to PyQt5, so not PyQt4. I read that the
plan is to replace QString/QVariant with Python objects but beside that
there are not much informations around related to PyQt5.

So, is there any guesstimate or maybe even a roadmap when we can expect
to see PyQt5? Also I wonder if now that PyQt4 does proper support Qt4
and Qt5 has PyQt5 any priority? Is it supposed to replace PyQt4 let's
say next n years or will PyQt4 live on during Qt5 lifetime (I think yes,
but cannot harm to ask I think :) ).

Thanks in advance and keep up the great work!