[PyQt] Version strings in Qt 4.8 PyQt 4.9

David Cortesi davecortesi at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 23:55:54 GMT 2013

I had been running fine (Mac OS 10.6, PyQt 4.6 and Qt 4.6 I think).
Today, in order to hopefully fix a QWebKit problem, I installed Qt
4.8.4 for Mac OS,
followed immediately by installing the latest stable SIP and PyQt4 from source.
(From source because I'm still on the mac default python 2.6 and the binary
wants 2.7)

Everything seems to work correctly except this small thing: it used to be that
I could get version strings from Qt.PYQT_VERSION_STR and Qt.qVersion()
but now those attributes of Qt are undefined.

Does this indicate that I've done something wrong in the installation, or what?

thanks