[PyQt] ERROR CALLING ACTIVEX OBJECT METHOD

jiten jitenshah78 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 8 11:46:00 GMT 2013

Platform : Win7 32bit
PyQt : 4.9.4

I have a finger print device which has activex interface
which I am trying to access through QAxWidget.

Following is Success:
Method Signature :
bool GetSerialNumber (int dwMachineNumber, QString& lpszSerialNumber)
t = QtCore.QString()
r = a.GetSerialNumber(1, t)
print(t)

Following is Failed:
Method Signature :
bool GetDeviceStatus (int dwMachineNumber, int dwStatus, int& dwValue)

p1 = 1
p2 = 1
p3 = 0

this show function call as success but p3 variable
suppose to update with some value which is not happening
r = a.dynamicCall("GetDeviceStatus(int, int, int&)", p1, p2, p3)

this show error
unable to convert argument 2 of QAxWidget.GetDeviceStatus from 'int' to
'int&
r = a.GetDeviceStatus(p1, p2, p3)

Please guide If I am doing something wrong this is first time I am
using activex in pyqt.

Thanks
Jiten