[PyQt] demo looks for the doc's

Phil Thompson phil at riverbankcomputing.com
Fri Dec 6 17:26:29 GMT 2013

On Fri, 06 Dec 2013 09:15:31 -0800, John Fabiani <johnf at jfcomputer.com>
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Window 7 64 bit, python 3.3
>
> Newbie here!
>
> I just installed PyQt 5 and when I run the demo it states I need to
> include the doc's.  So what is needed? Did I miss something?  I used the

> windows installer.

It doesn't say you need to install the docs, it says you can ignore any
message about missing docs.

> I can't run any of the QML demo's - the QML is not displayed.

Try running an individual example from a command line to see if there is
any exception output.

> Is there any good PyQt5 tutorials (everything is on the net is for
> version 4)?

At the newbie level there is very little difference between PyQt4 and
PyQt5, mainly widgets are in the QtWidgets module rather than QtGui.