[PyQt] ANN: PyQt v5.0.1 Released
phil at riverbankcomputing.com
Wed Aug 21 17:55:04 BST 2013
PyQt v5.0.1 has been released. This is a major functional release
including full support for integrating Python with QML and Quick2. It will
build against Qt v5.1 but only supports the Qt v5.0 API.
>From the NEWS file...
- Added the QtQuick module including the ability to create Python Quick
items from QML.
- Added the QtQml module including the ability to create Python objects
- Added the QtMultimediaWidgets module.
- Completed the implementation of the QtMultimedia module including
support for cameras and radios.
- Added the remaining OpenGL classes to the QtGui module.
- Added the 'revision' keyword argument to pyqtProperty().
- Added the 'revision' and 'arguments' keyword arguments to pyqtSignal().
- Added the 'revision' keyword argument to pyqtSlot().
- Added the 'pyqt5qmlplugin' plugin for qmlscene.
- The DBus main loop module has been renamed to dbus.mainloop.pyqt5 from
- Added the --no-qml-plugin and --qml-plugindir options to configure.py.
- Added many QtMultimedia, QML and QtQuick related examples.
- Classes now support co-operative multi-inheritance. (This may introduce
incompatibilities with PyQt v5.0.)
More information about the PyQt