[PyQt] Compiling PyQt5 on a Raspberry Pi

Scott Kitterman debian at kitterman.com
Wed Aug 7 14:10:14 BST 2013

On Wednesday, August 07, 2013 12:14:05 Phil Thompson wrote:
> On Mon, 5 Aug 2013 23:24:18 +0400, Dmitry Shachnev <mitya57 at ubuntu.com>
>
> wrote:
> > On Mon, Aug 5, 2013 at 8:24 PM, Dmitry Shachnev <mitya57 at ubuntu.com>
>
> wrote:
> >> This is not specific to Raspbian, but happens on all systems
> >> where qreal == float (i.e. all ARM systems). This particular
> >>
> >> issue happens because in qbrush.sip we have:
> >>   typedef QVector<QPair<double, QColor>> QGradientStops;
> >>
> >> while in Qt 5.1 qreal is used instead of double:
> >>   typedef QPair<qreal, QColor> QGradientStop;
> >>   typedef QVector<QGradientStop> QGradientStops;
> >>
> >> However, this is not the only issue that makes the build fail.
> >> In Debian, we have a patch that fixes more issues. We haven't
> >> yet finished updating it for PyQt5, so it doesn't fully solve
> >> the problem (any help in finalizing it is appreciated). I have
> >> attached the current version of that patch.
>
> As of tonight's snapshot I don't think any of that patch is needed.

Great.  We have almost the exact same patch for PyQt4 on arm (Fedora uses it
as well).  Would you please have a look at that as well (I can send the exact
patch if you need it).  Once the snapshot is up, I'll build it and see (Dmitry
and I have been working together on this).

> > I will add that the remaining issue is: http://paste.debian.net/22474/
> >
> > The generated sipQtWebKitWidgetspart8.cpp has this line:
> >
> > typedef void (*sipVH_QtWidgets_116)(sip_gilstate_t,
> > sipVirtErrorHandlerFunc, sipSimpleWrapper *, PyObject *, double
> > *,double *,double *,double *);
>
> Event when compiling for ARM?
>
> > I guess this is a bug in sip, there should be qreal's there (as
> > defined in qgraphicswidget.sip).
>
> They should be either doubles or floats depending on how qreal is defined.
> If they are doubles on ARM then it is a bug.

The sipQtWebKitWidgetspart8.cpp was generated on arm (armhf specifically).

Scott K