[PyQt] Coinstalling PyQt4 and PyQt5 - dbus/mainloop/qt.so

Dmitry Shachnev mitya57 at ubuntu.com
Tue Aug 6 17:05:29 BST 2013

On Tue, Aug 6, 2013 at 6:35 PM, Luca Beltrame <lbeltrame at kde.org> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> While packaging PyQt5 for openSUSE I noticed that the mainloop support for
> dbus ($PYTHON_SITE_PACKAGES_DIR/dbus/mainloop/qt.so) is provided by both PyQt4
> and PYQt5.
>
> This will obviously leads to conflicts we don't want. How can this be handled
> (if this can be handled) when configuring / building PyQt5?

I have brought this up here in June, and it has been fixed in the
current snapshots (the module was renamed to dbus.mainloop.pyqt5).

If you need a patch, grab it from here:
http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/python-modules/packages/pyqt5/trunk/debian/patches/mainloop_rename.diff?view=markup

--
Dmitry Shachnev