[PyQt] QTreeView and custom QStandardItemModel loses its Python counterparts

David Aguilar davvid at gmail.com
Mon Apr 29 22:01:28 BST 2013

David Aguilar <davvid <at> gmail.com> writes:

> We're seeing a change in behavior in the latest PyQt4.
>
> We have a custom QStandardItemModel with custom QStandardItems.  It is being
> used by a QTreeView.
>
> When calling tree.invisibleRootItem().child(i) we are getting back
> QtGui.QStandardItem instances instead of our custom classes.
>
> This seemed related to a previous problem (but this one is different):
>
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.python.pyqt-pykde/25027/focus=25028

... I mean to also include this link:

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.python.pyqt-pykde/25067/focus=25076

That thread concluded with "Already fixed".

Should I interpret that to mean "already fixed in the latest release", or
"already fixed in the latest snapshot".

I'm beating around the bush -- what I really want to know is whether the
version I have (sip 4.14.6) includes this fix.  Do you know if it does?

If it does, then my use case is tickling a similar problem, and it's still
broken.  If 4.14.6 does not include the fix then I'll need to wait for a
released version (or grab a snapshot), correct?

> We are using the latest sip (4.14.6) and PyQt4 (4.10.1).
>
> Qt is version 4.8.2 (version-locked due to a 3rd-party dependency).
>
> We're on RHEL 6.4, Python 2.6.6.

Actually, it's Python 2.7.3 (custom build), but that really shouldn't make a
difference.

David