[PyQt] Installing Eric Python IDE got stuck at PyQt-win-gpl-4.10

al comtronic_99 at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 27 12:23:30 BST 2013

Hello all,

I am struggling my way trough installing the ERIC Python IDE on Win8: and got stuck at PyQt-win-gpl-4.10 with following error message:

mingw32-make[1]: Entering directory 'G:/Download/Programmieren/PyQt-win-gpl-4.10

/PyQt-win-gpl-4.10/QtCore'
makefile:30: warning: overriding recipe for target '.c.o'
makefile:27: warning: ignoring old recipe for target '.c.o'
Der Befehl "legacy" ist entweder falsch geschrieben oder
konnte nicht gefunden werden.
makefile:40: recipe for target 'install' failed
mingw32-make[1]: *** [install] Error 1
mingw32-make[1]: Leaving directory 'G:/Download/Programmieren/PyQt-win-gpl-4.10/
PyQt-win-gpl-4.10/QtCore'
makefile:28: recipe for target 'install' failed
mingw32-make: *** [install] Error 2

I have been searching for hints how to resolve this problem but could not find anything.

Would be nice if someone could give me a info how I could proceed

python configure.py (python configure.py -p win32-g++)  -> both work

mingw32-make -> works fine
mingw32-make install -> throws the error posted above