[PyQt] show dialog

Glenn Linderman v+pyqt at g.nevcal.com
Thu Apr 4 17:40:04 BST 2013

On 4/4/2013 2:52 AM, Phil wrote:
> On 04/04/13 18:22, Glenn Linderman wrote:
> Thanks again Glenn,
>
>> your spelling SatelliteListDialog earlier, and now satListDialog. Of
>> course you need to be consistent... or maybe the former is the class or
>> function, and the latter is the file name.  Under that theory, you
>> should reference
>>
>> self.dialog = satListDialog.SatelliteListDialog()
>
> Yes, that's correct. One is the class name and the other is the file
> name. I've always used upper case for the class names under C++.
>
>> If that works, you are well on your way to understanding it, or at least
>> figuring it out.
>
> I sorted the problem shortly after receiving your previous reply. I
> also had accidentally commented out a line in the dialog class which
> didn't help.
>
>> You should stay on-list to get help, although I don't mind in this
>> instance, I understand you probably realized you have a newbie problem,
>> and don't want to waste the list bandwidth. But if you need more help,
>> with your carved down files that repeat the problem, post that to the
>> list.
>
> This particular mailing list, under Thunderbird, has caused me to
> reply to the sender rather than to the list on a couple of occasions.
> I had to copy and past the mailing address into this post to get it to
> go to the correct address.
>
> Thanks again for your response.

Ah yes. My Thunderbird has both "reply" and "reply list" options, but
since one still has to choose the right button! Some lists try to
outsmart the replier, and supply the list address as the "Reply-To:"
address... a bad practice which leads people to do the wrong thing on
lists that don't try to outsmart the replier.  Still, it is rather easy
to click Reply inadvertently, when using the same interface for email
and list reading (which I do also, and have erred occasionally).

Thunderbird chooses to display "Reply List" rather than "Reply All" when
the message contains List-* headers, I believe.