[PyQt] Qscintilla api location in PyQt4

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Wed Apr 3 01:45:21 BST 2013

On Apr 2, 2013, at 7:23 PM, Phil Thompson wrote:

> On Tue, 2 Apr 2013 19:04:38 -0500, William Kyngesburye
> <woklist at kyngchaos.com> wrote:
>> On Apr 2, 2013, at 6:44 PM, Phil Thompson wrote:

> is
>>> the

> QTDIR/qsci

>>> (and
> if
> installation
>>> is

> not
>>>
>>> QTDIR is shorthand for the root of your Qt installation - it's not an
>>> environment variable.
>>>
>>> Suggestions welcome for a clearer way of expressing this.
>>>
>> So, the problem still stands - QTDIR/qsci is not the proper default
> place
>> to put the Qsci API files - it doesn't agree with the default used in
>> Qscintilla itself.
>
> In a standard Qt installation these resolve to the same directory. The
> different ways of referring to it reflect the different ways that the
> scripts determine it.

Again, at least for OS X, still a problem.  The "standard" binary Qt install has no root, QTDIR is not defined as far as I can see, and parts are scattered around the system.  "qmake -query QTDIR" returns **Unknown**.  In PyQt I get '/' for qt_dir in pyqtconfig.py.

As installed, frameworks are in /Library/Frameworks.  Plugins, development apps, language files, ... are in /Developer/Applications/Qt.  Command line tools are in /usr/bin.  dev libraries & headers (clucene & uitools) in /usr/lib & /usr/include.  mkspecs are in /usr/local/Qt4.8.

qmake -query QT_INSTALL_DATA

returns /usr/local/Qt4.8, same place as the mkspecs.

No real root other than the root of the HD, so QTDIR/qsci misses /usr/local/Qt4.8/qsci completely.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

Earth: "Mostly harmless"

- revised entry in the HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy