[PyQt] Dilemma: Pqt or wxpython

Hans-Peter Jansen hpj at urpla.net
Thu Sep 13 08:41:00 BST 2012

Am Dienstag, 11. September 2012, 16:39:01 schrieb Gour:
> On Tue, 11 Sep 2012 15:14:42 +0100
>
> "Tony Lynch" <tlynch at xype.com> wrote:
> > Qt is much better than wx in general, and more widely used. I'd go for
> > Qt/PyQt every time,
>
> One pro for wx might be using native toolkits and (probably) looking
> better which is possible concern on Windows & Mac OS X platforms?

Well, after fixing all those platform specific wx glitches and coping with
behavior deviations, given those are fixable at python level, you start to
get an basic idea, why Qt is done that way.

Note, that even the DotNet framework follows a similar approach...

While dated, here are some more details:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/python/python/391333?do=post_view_threaded#391333

Cheers,
Pete