[PyQt] PyQt4 : connecting QTimeEdit to QScrollBar ?

Vincent Vande Vyvre vincent.vandevyvre at swing.be
Sun Nov 18 08:24:09 GMT 2012

Le 18/11/12 00:27, Cruella Deville a écrit :
> Hi can somebody please help me?
> I am trying to control the hours, minutes and seconds of a QTimeEdit
> independently by using 3 QScrollBars.
> Here's what I've got so far. It works but the setTime command always
> resets the elements that I don't want to affect. Is there something
> like setMinutes, setHours or setSeconds ?
> I've also thought about using a QLCDNumber widget instead of the
> QTimeEdit but I'm not sure if that would work.
> Thanks for any help.

You need to reset all the three values in timeEdit.

This works:

from PyQt4 import QtCore, QtGui

class Help(QtGui.QMainWindow):
    def __init__(self):
        super(Help, self).__init__()

        #QTimeEdit
        self.TimeEdit = QtGui.QTimeEdit()
        self.TimeEdit.setDisplayFormat("hh:mm:ss")
        self.time = QtCore.QTime()
        self.hour = 0
        self.min = 0
        self.sec = 0

        #Hours ScrollBar

    def HourChanged(self):
        self.hour = self.HourScrollBar.value()
        self.set_time()

    def MinChanged(self):
        self.min = self.MinScrollBar.value()
        self.set_time()

    def SecChanged(self):
        self.sec = self.SecScrollBar.value()
        self.set_time()

    def set_time(self):
        self.time.setHMS(self.hour, self.min, self.sec)
        self.TimeEdit.setTime(self.time)

Vincent V.V.
Oqapy <https://launchpad.net/oqapy> . Qarte
<https://launchpad.net/qarte> . PaQager <https://launchpad.net/paqager>