[PyQt] Vim PyQt code completion

Cihangir Aktürk cakturk at gmail.com
Fri May 18 21:46:12 BST 2012

Hi,

I am using Vim's internal pythoncomplete. It works pretty good most
of the time. But I am having problems with PyQt code completion.
First of all, let me give you some more details.

When I do;

from PyQt4 import QtGui
w = QtGui.QWid  # c - x c - o works here as expected,
w.              # c - x c - o also does the right thing here

but when i write code like this

class Foo():
    def bar(self):
        self.w = QtGui.QWidget()
        self. # c - x c - o omnicompletion doesn't work for this kind
of expressions.

As seen from above, on class members I did not manage to work
completion. This problem _only_ applies to PyQt4 module, other
than PyQt I get a proper completion, even for class members.

What can I do to get a proper code completion for PyQt module?

Best regards.