[PyQt] Stick a frameless window to the desktop

Bhuvan Krishna bhuvan at swecha.org
Sat May 12 15:33:43 BST 2012

Hope you all know how google desktop used to stick to the desktop. even
when the user opens a new window the window will resize itself keeping
the google desktop on the right intact not going behind the newly opened
window. I am working on a similar right widget bar. I achieved
frame-less window ( which was easy) but I don't know how to stick the
window onto the desktop and let the other windows that open resize
according to this window. the width of this window is 300 pixels and it
will take the complete height of the desktop. I also used
"TranslucentBackground" which gave me nice transparency but the edges
don't fill. I am giving a link to the image file of the window.

http://imagepaste.nullnetwork.net/viewimage.php?id=3852

Regards,
Bhuvan