[PyQt] need to install multiple versions of PyQt on each laptop at work
jpolk5001 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 21 17:36:38 GMT 2012
Btw,...just for prosterity,
The install went pretty well...on WinXP 32bit,
1) Installed newer version of Python (2.7)
2) Checked Env variables,etc.
3) Installed Qt Libs (minGW) only with downloaded installer (4.7.1)
4) Checked Env variables.etc
5) ran "qtvars.bat" ( or it won't compile correctly)
6) Installed Sip, adding extra flag arg ( --platform win32-g++ )
7) installed PyQt4 (4.9.1) normally
Now what was curious,...is that when I went to use, it err'd out, saying it
could not perform
the command "import PyQt4.QtCore" ...saying couldn't find DLL.
So, to test, I copied
cp C:/Qt/4.7.1/bin/*.dll C:/Python27/Lib/site-packages/PyQt4/
and then everything worked...
And to add to Phil's note of caution above...when using one version or the
you'll need to modify at least one (I do more than one) environment
So, when I go back and forth....I check and modify
If you're using a shell environment like Cygwin, then this can be done at
individual shell window level, but that'll be only temporary.
Thanks Phil for your help,
View this message in context: http://python.6.n6.nabble.com/need-to-install-multiple-versions-of-PyQt-on-each-laptop-at-work-tp4342310p4641482.html
Sent from the PyQt mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
More information about the PyQt