[PyQt] Phonon-VLC and PyQT

David Boddie david at boddie.org.uk
Thu Jul 19 00:38:15 BST 2012

On Mon, 16 Jul 2012 10:09:44 -0400, Yves Perron wrote:

> I'm guessing Phonon-VLC combined with PyQT is not that popular but
> still, it would be very helpful if anyone would share thoughts on the
> subject.
>
> Still digging,
>
> On 7/10/2012 4:56 PM, Yves Perron wrote:
> > Greetings,
> >
> > For simplicity sake, I'm wondering if there is any step by step on
> > using Phonon-VLC with PyQT on windows 7, if it is even possible?

It's really a Qt question rather than a PyQt-specific problem. If you can
get Phonon-VLC working with Qt, it should just work with PyQt, as I
understand it.

I don't use Windows, so I don't know if this means building everything from
source, or if you can just get away with compiling Phonon-VLC as a plugin
in a way that is compatible with your Qt installation.

David